Heart Strings

And so, tomorrow my husband and I will be heading home.  It's been a long time away for both of us and we are eager to get back home, to our home.  I miss my babies.  Yet leaving family and friends is hard, and the heart strings are pulling...

This has been another wild, emotional ride...will there ever be a time we visit when hospitals and sick people aren't involved?  We came up in June for our nephew's wedding and ended up spending most of the time at a hospital, his brother fighting for his life.  This time, there has been sickness, surgeries, accidents, hospital visits - on both sides of the family.  My Dad is still in the hospital and leaving him is rather hard.  Leaving my Mom, alone in her condo, is hard.  Part of me wants to stay longer to ensure Dad is okay; to keep Mom company so she's not alone, but I know both will be well cared for by my siblings.  Even so, the heart strings pull.

I wasn't planning to be up here for three and half weeks.  And yes, Miss Marplestein and Dulcinea are 'just' cats, but I miss them so much.  They are so tactile - so love to be touched.  Do they miss our touch when we're gone?  Do they even care that we're gone?  I'd like to think so.  I know Billy is taking good care of them, he always does, but he isn't Mommy or Daddy...I want to sit on my couch, with my babies around me...ah, just to be home, back to our own routine, our own bed...yes, the heart strings pull.

I was fortunate this time around to have a vehicle.  My sister and brother-in-law, and nephew (though he didn't have much choice!), graciously allowed us to use Matt's car.  I was able to visit many friends, and family; something I haven't done much on recent trips home.  Good friends are hard to come by and I have been blessed with wonderful, dear friendships that I cherish and nurture.  My family?  Much healing has transpired during the last year.  God has been good.  There is nothing more important in life than family and true friends.  I am most fortunate to have so many blessings in my life.  My heart sings with happiness.

So, we will leave tomorrow.  My heart happy and sad at the same time; my heart strings playing like a violin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

Precious Moments and Simple Joys

I Cry