Mother Nature...

 ...comes to me, speaking words of wisdom.




We all know the song, do we not?  "Let It Be' by the Beatles.  And now you'll be singing it all day. You're welcome 😅  


Part of our daily routine is to go for a walk. Mom has an electric scooter, which allows her to go further and faster, and a wheelchair.  More often than not we take the wheelchair to give Mom the option of walking or riding.  Our walk takes us through the woods, around ponds, and we get to see much of God's beauty and nature.  As we go along, I play music and Mom sings along, or waves her hands in the air like a conductor - we often wonder what people must think as they pass by.  But we don't care. Mom is enjoying herself and having fun.  


My last blog mentioned how I sometimes feel guilty about the little deceptions that occur to maintain my sanity.  Two words I now choose NOT to use on our walks - glorious and mother nature.  Why?  When 'glorious' is menitoned, I get 'what is that song?' and she starts to sing 'Jolly Holiday' from Mary Poppins. "Ain't it a glorious day? Right as a mornin' in May. I feel like I could fly" Of course, she gets the lyrics all wrong and then asks if I have the song on my computer (phone). I do not. But then I must sing the song too. Every day. 


Then we get to Mother Nature.  Inevitably I am asked 'does someone plant all these plants? what happens to these logs?', etc.  My response is usually, or was, 'It's just mother nature, Mom'...Can you guess where I'm going with this?  Next comes 'there is a song, how does it go? Mother nature comes to me'. Do you have that on your computer?'  I do. But I sometimes say 'no I don't have that today, Mom' or 'can we just enjoy the silence?'  It's tough because she does not remember.  I do.  Every day. 


Whether in silence or singing along to Mary Poppins or the Beatles, we are blessed to enjoy such beauty every day.  And in the end, it will be these songs, these moments that I most remember. 





Comments

  1. I love you sister❤️ Thank you for bringing us along on your love journey with Mom❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing your stories sister!! 💓💞 They make me smile 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words... (and I mean that in a good silence-filled way)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys