Olivia and Emma


The other day I heard a story that has touched my heart, and stayed with me.  Two little girls, sisters, were killed in an automobile accident.  Olivia was 6, Emma was 3.  They have a surviving sister, Vivian.  I cannot imagine what the families of these two girls must be feeling, the grief that must consume them.  I do not know them, but they have been in my thoughts, my prayers.



Olivia and Emma

We did not want to leave so soon,
but Jesus called our name;
‘Olivia and Emma, come’,
and then the angels came.

They gently took us by the hand,
they wiped away each tear;
They softly raised our bodies up,
erasing every fear.

God greeted us with open arms,
He placed us in His palm;
And oh, such beauty filled our souls,
His touch, a soothing balm.

Though grief assails, remember we
have seen His mighty throne;
we hear the angels praise and sing,
and we are not alone.

Kristina M. Hooper @ 3/27/14


Comments

  1. Yes, it is very sad and your poem is quite touching and heartwarming. These types of incidents where the child is the victim are so desperately sad and heartbreaking, Your poem is so awesome and so are you! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome, my friend. And I thank you for always encouraging me, and for being so supportive. Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

Precious Moments and Simple Joys

I Cry