Precious Moments and Simple Joys


Look at this woman! How fortunate are we to share her final years. To bring her joy, contentment, security, and love. We are blessed beyond measure. 

Mom loses her pens. I don't know how, or where they disappear, but they vanish into oblivion. The other day I was browsing Amazon and came across some puzzle books I thought she would enjoy (as you can see she does), and found these 'happy pens'.  They are the cutest pens - with different faces, and moppy hair. AND, she finds them delightful. Simple joys. 

I've heard it said that children grow quickly. In a blink of an eye they are young adults making life choices on their own. Parents should spend time with their children, quality time. Parents shouldn't worry about messy rooms, or dirty dishes in the sink. Savor the time you have, each magical moment, for it will not last forever. 

Terry and I were not blessed with children, but I find myself repeating these same words to myself. I've realized that playing my games and doing bible study, though important and needed for my sanity, can often wait. When Mom wakes up and calls out, instead of calling back (which she most often doesn't hear) I get up and go to her. Invariably she says, 'Let me see your face, sit for awhile.'. My inner self screams 'no, I want to play my games'; but I look at her hopeful face, go get coffee for the two us, and have a wonderful, morning chat.  Yes, most often it's a repeat conversation, but she does not know it and I will never tell. This time together is priceless, and one I will not have forever.  Precious moments. 

Life happens. Time marches on quickly, and often we don't have a second chance. Whether caring for young children, or a loved one in the final stages of life, choose the here and now. Take those few extra minutes to play. Listen to that repeated story.  Just take time. Treasure those we love now. Build those precious moments and simple joys to cherish forever. 

Comments

  1. Beautifully said Kristina! You are such a blessing to your mom and I know the Lord is pleased... He sees all that you are doing for her. You are an example of what true love for a parent looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. God always has the perfect plan, does He not?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Krissy. I’ve seen your loving and caring spirit many times. Not only is Mom blessed to have you as her care giver, so are we, your siblings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your support means the world. I love you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry