I Am Strong

 


What does it mean when people say 'try to be strong'? Why? I am not weak because I cry, because I miss my Mom, my Dulcinea. I miss Mom's smile, her laugh, her hugs, her unconditional love, her presence. So many things I want to tell her - and yes, I've heard "she hears you". But right now that is not enough. In time it will be, but not now. And that's okay. 

Every morning, every evening, I look for sweet Dulcinea - I listen for her meows, her pawsteps. I long to have her lay on my chest, gently kneading, and listen to her soothing purr. But she is gone. 

Two souls, so long a part of my life, are no longer present.  I am numb. I am lost. I am no longer needed. Will I find my way again? Of course I will. A path will be made clear and I will sing and dance again. But not now, not yet. 

Grief is strange. A very dear friend told me "there is no way through but through" - and that takes strength. It takes strength to confront the tears, the loneliness, the sorrow, the emptiness, the doubts. It takes strength to watch my husband, my Henley, my Miss Marplestein journey through their grief. 

Tears are not weakness. Grief is not a flaw. Perhaps I am a bit fragile, but I will not break. I am not weak. 

I am strong. 


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Krissy...just because someone grieves does not make them weak. Remember that “even though I walk THROUGH the valley of the SHADOW of death”...God is with you; He will comfort you; He will help you climb that mountain once more❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very strong person and you are definitely still needed by everyone in your life. I know it sounds like a cliche, however with time your pain will lessen. I love you dear sister and I'm always here for you. 🤗😚💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys