Christmas Season


Well, it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything to this blog.  Actually, have done very little writing in the past 8-9 months.  But my Mom was here visiting not long ago and she encouraged me to start writing again.  So, Mom, this is for you.

Christmas time is here again.  When I was younger, Christmas was such a special time of year ~ loved everything about the season.  As I have aged, a certain sadness comes over me, and the season is a difficult one for me.  Of course, I am missing Daddy and thinking of him quite a bit.  And I am trying to focus on what this season is all about.  Christ and his birth, and his love for each of us. 

Since we've been in Florida, we've wanted to do an outdoor manger scene.  For the past three years, we could not find a manger set.  A couple of months ago, our neighbor gifted us with a set - someone from her American Legion was getting rid a set and our neighbor remembered we were looking for one.  So...this year, we have our manger scene. We put it up yesterday and are so happy with the results.  The only negative - being worried someone will steal the pieces since it is a 'christian' display and not commercial.  My sweet husband is going to find a way to secure the pieces and then I can rest easy.

We are not focusing on gifts, but rather giving.  For it is in giving that we receive.  It is in loving others that we find happiness.  And for the first time in years, I am feeling the Christmas spirit return.  I am finding a peace within that I haven't known in years. 

Here is to the Christmas season, the most blessed, wonderful time of the year! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

Precious Moments and Simple Joys

I Cry