Sing Sweetly Unto Thee


I actually started listening to Christmas carols again...and on the way to work the other day, I thought about writing a poem using the titles of some of my favorite Christmas songs.  I love the more christian, traditional songs.  Of course, I couldn't fit every song in the poem, but below is what I created using a few (song titles are capitalized).




Sing Sweetly Unto Thee

Silent Night, Oh Holy Night,
the angels’ voices ring;
O Come All Ye Faithful ones
to worship new born king.


Little Town of Bethlehem,
to you a child is born;
Ah, What Child is This, sleeping
so humble and low born.

Now, Do You Hear What I Hear
throughout the endless night;
Hark! The Herald Angels’ Sing
His praises they recite.


As With Gladness Men of Old,
rejoice! be full of joy;
He Smiles Within His Cradle,
Mary’s kingly boy.

@ Kristina M. Hooper, 12/12/12






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

Precious Moments and Simple Joys

I Cry