Labor of Love

Remember Jim Croce's song?  'Photographs and memories...all that I have are these to remember you'...what a song, what a singer!

I have finally begun the huge task of sorting through family photographs - we're talking years of photos.  I will sort and scan, and digitize the photos.  What a joy it's been sorting through - pictures of my nieces and nephews when they were little; pictures of my siblings when we were teenagers, and younger.  They bring back such memories ~ some good, some bad ~ but all filled with love.  I even found a photograph of my Dad with his parents!  The first picture I've ever seen with the three of them together...what a gift that find was to me as I never knew my grandparents.

Luckily, I still have more than the photographs and memories - I still have my parents, my siblings, my entire family in my life.  But the joy of going through these photos...the laughter, the tears...great memories to cherish!

Certainly not a chore, but a labor of love.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys