A New Day

 


To quote Michael Buble - 'It's a new day, it's a new dawn, and I'm feeling good." What a difference a night makes. That, and a good venting via the written word.  Journaling/blogging is therapeutic for me.  Writng is a good way to get the anger, frustration, hurt, whatever it is I am feeling - out of my system. Then the light becomes brighter.  The tears dry up. And a smile returns. There is a song we sang in church 'But then comes the morning, yesterday's sorrows behind. Wake it's the day of your longing; life returns, mercy comes, it's morning."  So true. So true. I knew this journey would be a roller coaster of emotions. Some days are good, some not so much. Some days I can handle whatever comes our way, other days not so much.  And that's okay.  Mom doesn't see the discombobulated me; I keep it from her. Hence the blog. Again, great release. Really great. (sound like anyone we know?!) 


Mr. Henley, if you please 

Today Mom is doing better. She is stronger and more coherent;  still sleeping quite a bit, but she is eating more, and wanted to get dressed to take our stroll.  She rejoiced in the beauty of the lakes and trees, and thanked God for the gentle caresss of the warm breeze. All good signs.  I need to remember Mom is not as resilient as she once was. A restless night for her takes a toll. I need to remember to take deep breaths, inhale/exhale. And most important, I need to remember that God has a plan for Mom, that she is ready to go whenver He decides to bring her home, and that no matter how dark I may feel inside, there is always a new day to come. 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys