Memory Book


We have decided to create a memory book of Mom’s life. She is 90 years old now and retention of current events is dwindling, however, she remembers her past quite well.  We asked family to submit questions. I then video Mom's responses. One of the questions this morning was 'what is your favorite memory of your dad, our grandfather'.  My grandfather was tragically killed in a coal mining accident when Mom was a senior in high school - 1947, 73 years ago.  Her response was so poignant - so much emotion, as if he had passed away yesterday. I had to stop recording for her to regain composure. Again, it made me realize that she may not remember her pills, or if she had breakfast, but she certainly remembers what happened 73 years ago.  Today's events are distant, but yesteryear's happenings are very real. How blessed am I to be the one recording such precious and cherished memories. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys