Political Debates - Hooper Style

 

Forget Donald Trump and Joe Biden. That debate doesn't hold a candle to the debates in our home -  Terry vs Kristina, with Carmella as moderator 😄 Makes for very lively 'discussions'.


On one side is Terry, my dearest love.  He does NOT like Trump, thinks he is evil and dumb. I tell him over and over this is not the case.  Evil is a very strong word, and like him or not, Donald Trump is not dumb.  According to Terry, the President has done nothing for the country - at all. Well, correction, he has caused divisivness, hatred, and anything else bad happening in the world.  'Tis very frustrating. 


On the other side is me.  I do NOT like Biden. I think he is dumb and useless. And Terry cannot argue those points.  He will vote for a simpleton (harsh, I know) just to NOT vote for Trump.  I am not enamoured with our President - far from it.  He irritates the hell out of me at times, and I think he often has diaharea of the mouth. He speaks/tweets without filter and often times without thinking.  Or so some may think.  I truly believe that everything President Trump says and does is thoughtfully planned out like a master chess player. As I said above, he is no dummy.  And he is no politician, which is why he was elected in 2016. Contrary to what many insist 'He is not MY President' - well, that is just childish. He is President of the United States of America, so yes, dears, that means he is your President, like it or not. 


My dearest love believes the mainstream media tells the truth. Ah, yes, I do love him. 💓 And I simply laugh and shake my head at his naivety, and allow him his dillusions. Say what you will, argue what you will, this is my blog so I get to call them dillusions.  


Mom is pro-Trump.  With every political commercial that airs, Mom will say 'I don't like the look of Biden. He looks weak.' or 'Do you like Biden? Do you like Trump?'  Every. Single. Commerical. Every. Single. Night.  She is quite happy when Terry and I 'debate' as she says it makes for a lively household.  God bless her. 


I cannot wait till this election is over and these political debates are done - at least for another three years.  I want peace in my household.  In the end, I do believe that President Trump is going to be re-elected - hands down.  And I will be here to console Terry and dry his tears. 😓  One of us will be right.  One of us will be wrong.  Only time will tell. 


Oh, and one more note.  To all those who spew hatred, on the left and right, and think you cannot abide another's opinions or ideas different from your own - you are wrong. You can. We are living proof.  Raise your voice.  Stomp your feet (which I have done). Shake your fists. But if you love and respect the other person, life goes on. Love goes on.  Be kind, people. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys