Lemons into Lemonade

So, it's settled.  Employment in Florida sucks - big time!  I've applied at various places and haven't been able to attain a position.  And today, I got a letter stating 'my application will not be considered any further' from the Flagler Sherriff's Department - a job I really wanted.  Why?  Who knows...I'm thinking there was someone in-house already pegged for the job - because let's face it, my credentials were perfect for the position.  I am greatly disappointed; I truly thought this was the job that would come through.  BUT...it was full time, and I'm not quite sure I want full time.  

All I know is that I need something to occupy some of my time.  With Terry working, I have way too much time on my hands and spend way too much time playing Bejeweled and thinking, thinking, thinking.  Thinking about things I have no control over, thinking about things I do have control over; thinking about this blog - is it really worth writing down my thoughts, thinking about family, thinking about the loss of a relationship...but that's another subject for another blog.

Now that I know I will not be working full time, I will start looking at volunteer opportunities...I would like to volunteer at a cat clinic, but knowing me, I'd fall in love with all the cats and want to bring them home - something my dear husband would not stand for...two is quite enough, or so he says.  And, two of my nieces are coming down at the end of March, two more for the summer...so I will have all the time I want to spend with them, do whatever we want, whenever we want.

As the old saying goes 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade'...I'm not all that fond of lemonade, but I'll give it a shot, what else can I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

Precious Moments and Simple Joys

I Cry