Audriana

 This little peanut is Audriana, my five month old great-niece.  

After I offered my services to my niece, I panicked ! What was I thinking? It has been a long time since I've cared for an infant.  Would I be up for the task, or would she be too much to handle?  Would I even remember how to change a diaper, burp her, etc., etc., etc. I stressed the fact that this would be a one time thing to start, that I could not promise more.  Well, no worries. A piece of cake. ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘ถ Two days down, and looking forward to more!


Audri has brought joy and excitiement to our life. On the morning of the second day, Mom actually woke up saying "are we excited for our little gift today?"  She remembered! Does she remember how old she is? No. Does she remember who the Mama is? No. But she sure loves feeding her, holding her, and playing with her. All the years of caring for children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren has flooded back and renewed her spirit. Mom is a natural. Mom is in heaven. 


As for me, I am much surprised at the energy I feel when Audri is with us.And yes, I think I'm a natural, too ๐Ÿ˜… Have I wondered about God's plan in not giving Terry and I children?  Sure. How could I not when I am gazing at this perfect creature in my arms.  It's okay. I may not have a grandchild of my own, but this, this is perfect. This is what is meant to be and I am grateful to have this blessing of love.  She looks at me in complete trust. And when I sing and dance for her, she laughs - gut laughs (not quite sure what that says about my singing and dancing!!),  And let me tell you, that sweet laugh makes any loneliness, any sadness disappear in a heartbeat. 

At the end of the day, I am tired. I am exhausted but more from Mom's constant questions of who Audri is, how old, who the Mama and Papa are, how are they related to us - over and over again. Sweet Audriana, my little Peanut, brings nothing but delight. Remind me of this later, please. ๐Ÿ˜•

In truth, I believe it was God nudging me to offer my assistance. He knows what I need.  He knows what Mom needs. And we both look forward to our next adventure with this precious miracle, Audriana. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys