How Sweet It Is

 

The support of family and friends is paramount on this journey with Mom.  I would be lost without the love of my sisters, who are always there to listen, encourage, visit. I would be wandering the misty flats without my dear friends who check on me daily, offering shoulders to cry on.  

But most importanly, without the support of my beloved, this journey would not be happening. He is a constant source of  unconditional love and trust. He had no doubts (contrary to me) about Mom moving to Florida. He simply said 'it's what families do'. Mom adores him, and he adores her.  When he comes home from work, her mood changes - it makes her happy to have 'the man of the house' home. She feels safe.  He reminds her often how loved she is and how happy he is to have her with us.  He reminds her this is her home now, she is a part of our little family.

My husband has a quiet strength about him. He is very much like my Dad. He has the strength to carry me when I am weary.  He does not judge me when I complain or voice frustration.  He simply asks, 'what can I do to help you?'.  Often, I just need him to listen and tell me all will be okay. 

How sweet are the mornings, sitting on the loveseat together, before the world wakes up, before Mom wakes up, and before work takes him away. How sweet it is to hold hands, drink coffee, and talk about whatever comes to mind, or sit in simple silence as we slowly come alive. He is my safety net; with him I can release it all and know he is there to catch me.  I am blessed to have such a man.  And to quote James Taylor 'how sweet it is to be loved by you.'  Thank you for choosing me. I love you. 💜

Comments

  1. Beautiful as usual. Always here for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awesome blog! You are a very lucky woman to have Terry as your husband. And yes, you can tell how much he loves Mom too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My!

I Cry

Precious Moments and Simple Joys